Updated: Oct 19, 2019
Created for the Unity asset store.
Using google earth for reference I created base meshes and UVs in Maya. Nothing special, keeping things clean and optimized.
To keep things on one material/texture and being able to paint together I spaced the houses out in Maya and sent them all to substance as one object.
Discovering some UV errors I went back to Maya, fixed them, then sent the houses back. Using its ability to transfer work onto the new UVs I finished up the painting and exported the maps.
Moving things into unity I made a few little test scenes trying out different layouts for the asset demo images.
Getting a little carried away and realizing the vegetation was only taking focus away from the assets
I started toning things down, a lot, and ended up with this.
Available now here.